March 12, 2023

The Floor

[Posted by Ted H]

Well it's certainly been a while here, hasn't it?
I have no excuses. So instead enjoy something I cobbled together recently...


------------------------------------------------------------------

[The Floor]

Dancing like drunks
Spewing fire from the soul
Hand in hand to comfort
with you, together on the floor.

No words are ever needed
exchanging essays with our eyes
Just a slight squeeze to remind you
I'm here, with you on the floor.

Your world is spinning
Just hold on to me
Even if you won't leave him
Not alone, here on the floor.

They'll try to lift me from you
That betrayal in your eyes
I'll push off all aid and never 
leave you, it's us on the floor.

I feel that you know it
We can stand all on our own
Is it fear that makes you stay
so prone, all on the floor?

Your hand slips from mine
Lifted by an other
But you stay so reassuring
to me, it's still us on the floor.

And yet I feel you fading
you're eyes won't look at mine
Have I served my purpose?
as company, just on the floor?

Blissfully walk away
Though I stayed here just for you
Contemplating unspoken truths
All alone, on the floor

No one left to help me
from this spot, on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment