April 13, 2012

To Safe Haven!...wait...

[...Posted by Ted H]

So...there's this awesome new game called "Organ Trail" based off the iconic Oregon version. It's made so that you could mistake the graphics for the old old old old school version...but you wouldnt because instead of traveling to Oregon for the hell of it, you're in the zombie apocalypse and are trying to escape alone the same style trail.

I love the game and shall suggest it to anyone. There's one problem that kinda strikes me as quaint....The end game location is called "Safe Haven" At first I thought it was being called a safe haven by the game because I mightve misread it as I blew through the text then skipped ahead....but the more I played, the more I noticed it was "safe haven" as a noun and not an adjective.

Now...I'm not claiming plagerism, that would be stupid on my part. I certainly have no claim to such a title and odds are the makers of this game happened to name the city for the same reason I named mine...but I just feel the need to point out that my Safe Haven was story was originally started in late 2007, and posting on this site began early 2011. Nobody is copying nobody....unless theyre copying me, in which case The Men Who Wear Hats need to hit me up so I can talk more goodness for their game and I can feed my ego over how a reference was made to something I wrote...and maybe we can figure out a nice lil crossover plan...

Hit that link above for the site where you can play the most awesome dysentery related traveling game since the 1970s...

Final Oblivion tale is up soon, more of MY Safe Haven goodness will follow...and I'm workin on the final act of the play...

FYI: Their Safe Haven is located in Oregon (Duuuuuuur)....mine is in California...fun fact, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment